Monday, October 1, 2012

The Importance of Seeking




I have to admit that I was a bit distracted during the sermon at church yesterday.  Trinity may not be disruptive to the people that sit in front of her (very often anyway), but in order to keep her that way, I can generally only give a percentage of my attention and focus to the sermon.  A fact that I don’t like but for now it’s the way things are.
  Anyway, my point is that the importance of Mommy’s (my mother is our preacher) words didn’t hit me with the force they should have until today!  As I was preparing to make the newsletter I read the Proverbs chapter for today and got inspiration.  It went along perfectly with what I’ve been feeling lately and with what Mom and I have been talking about!  Seeking!!!
  Provers 1:20-33 is all about Wisdom crying out for people to listen. To come and seek her out and listen!  And then what happens to those that refuse.  Read it, it isn’t pretty.  But the promise for those that do is beautiful! “But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.”  Wow!  
 After I read that and titled what I was going to write about I remembered Mommy’s poem from church yesterday!  And all of that ties in to what has been going on in my heart lately.  Here we are, knowing what we know and trying so hard to get people to listen and understand and yet they refuse!  It’s heart breaking!  I reached out to two family members to try to get them to come and study with us and learn how to quit being robbed but they haven’t ever answered me.  That makes me so sad.  I can’t make them desire this but I can definitely desire it for myself!  So my focus is back on my relationship with God and doing what I can to make sure my little family will “dwell safely and be quiet from fear of evil”!
  My motivation and determination just seems to get stronger every day! Every day I see some awful evil or perverted thing thrust in my face on tv or pretty much anywhere I go.  This world just doesn’t get it.  They are so far off!  I’ve already greatly narrowed down my daily influences to make sure that God has the absolute majority of my focus.  
  I want my children to grow up not knowing any other way but to walk in victory!  I want them to so strongly know who they are in Christ and the power that they have because of that, that the seduction of this world looks like the garbage it really is to them.  But in order for that to happen, I have to step up and seek.  I have to walk in a relationship with God that makes me victorious! That shows forth a life they want to live.  That shows the Christian life isn’t a life of denial, but of joy, health, prosperity, victory and power!!! Who wouldn’t want a life like that?  
  So my point is, we NEED to seek!   How can we know what God has for us and not seek it out?  I have been far too lazy and content up until now! No more!  I’m not waiting for something awful to happen before I get off my butt and seek God.  I’m seeking Him now, with my whole heart, so that I will be strong in this world!  I’ve done it before, I can do it again. :)  But this time, without ceasing!
     Amanda

          The poem (Seek)  I referred to can be found at the link below
lezzakuzzinpoetry.blogspot.com


10 comments:

  1. This is sooo wonderful! I'm so proud of you for answering the call, stepping out and speaking out!!! Beautiful!!!
    Love 4ever, mommy xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put the first comment of face book because I couldn't figure out how to get this to work! Grandma Zip just told me that she REALLY likes what you're doing!!! We'll be cheerleaders for you like you are for us!!!
      Love you honey!!! xo

      Delete
  2. The Lezza link wouldn't work for us...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Mommy and Gram! :)
    I'll work on the link and see if I can get it worked out. Thanks! I love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the link worked out! :) It should work now. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Amanda! That is SO me you have no idea...well I guess you do cause it was describing you too! Lol. But I am so sick of just running to Father whenever something bad happens or doesnt go my way. I have been in a real slump lately and this is exactly what I needed to hear, thank you for listening, seeking, and writing this! I am so excited and so very proud of you and what you are doing, as a mother and a sister! I love you and miss you! Love, Alisha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, thank you Lishy! :) So sweet! I love and miss you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is SO me too! You would think after ALL that has happened to me physically, emotionally & with my marriage that I would be on top of things but I am soooo not! I'm better then I was but I too have been too lazy. Thank u for sharing & not sugar coating the truth! I love u & miss u SO much! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you!! I don't want to be caught being lazy when Jesus comes back! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a very thankful mommy!!! I love you all sooo much!!!
    Sweet dreams! Love 4ever even! mommy xo

    ReplyDelete